Sandy Lane Health Centre, Sandy Lane, Skelmersdale WN8 8LA
01695 736 000
Mon - Fri 08:30 - 18:00
THE WAY WE WORK
We operate a Talk and Treat Telephone Consultation service.
We are one of an increasing number of Practices in the UK offering this type of appointment. If you require advice, or a face to face consultation with a Doctor or Nurse Clinician, the first step is to book a phone call.
- We always aim to provide a routine call back within 10 days. Urgent calls will always be dealt with the same day.
- A Senior Prescribing Clinician from this Practice will call you on your chosen number (this can be home, work or abroad).
- During this consultation we can arrange.
- Immediate attention with a GP if your need is judged medically urgent.
- Agreed appointment with a GP, Nurse or Health Care Assistant.
- Phlebotomy appointment or any other appropriate tests.
- Referral to allied health professionals or hospital.
- Let the Clinician know all the topics you wish to discuss at the start of the consultation so that you can both prioritise what can be done in the time available.
The advantages of a Talk and Treat Telephone Consultation:
- Early idenfication of medically urgent problems.
- You see the right person for your needs, for example, patients requiring particular procedures, such as joint injections or coil fittings, are directed to the correct member of staff.
- You get the time you need.
- No long waits in the Practice waiting room.
50% of patient calls are dealt with over the phone; 50% of patient calls come in for a range of appointments and services.